Special Forces (Special Forces, #1-3) - Aleksandr Voinov,  Marquesate,  Vashtan Okay this one was a hard read for me. It's taken me months to finish this book. Stemming from my own feelings about this story to technical difficulties with my kindle. But finally I am able to express why I only give this one and a half stars, and why I continued to read it.

1. The writing.. Too choppy. There were times often I might add, where it felt like I was reading an intruction manual on how to install a stereo.

2. Sometimes I was confused about who was talking. Vadim or Dan. For two men who are very different, it was weird that there were times I couldn't tell their voices apart.

3. I just could not bring myself to care about these two over all. There were moments when these two broke my heart. I got them. I really did. I just couldn't "get" them together. Which leads me to number 4... What initially started this story and brought these two men together in the first place. I could not get passed that one. Nor could I see how a man who has been heterosexual all his life suddenly finding himself to have conflicting emotions (and loving it at times) about a man who is not only homosexual, his enemy in arms, but also the very man who violated him in the worst way the first time they encountered one another. Maybe this is due to the fact that I am a woman and this would not fly with me. Or maybe it has to do with the fact that this just did not read as a likely unfolding event occuring between these two men. Especially since you are given a very clear view of the type of men these two are.

Overall this story is brutal. So brutal that you need another word for it. There are heartfelt moments here and there that give you a clear view of these men, especially Vadim. But as much as I grew to love Vadim & Dan, watching these two together caused me to grow weary. And beg for these two to just walk away from one another. By the end of this one I had pretty much made up my mind that I could not continue this series. As much as I wanted to love this story enough to perservere through the entire series, I just could not.
(I'm sorry Lenore)

I personally would not recommend this read. But I see that the reviews are down the middle. I feel this is definitely one of those reads/series where you either love it or hate it. So it's entirely up to you rather you should tackle this one or not. I will say this, it's very hardcore. Not for the faint of heart. So please come prepared.