The Vampire King (The Kings, #1) - Heather Killough-Walden This one was a bit different. I don't think that I've read a PNR story about vampires woven in with warlocks, witches, werewolves etc.. quite this way before. It has an interesting twist. The story, because there is alot of set up for the series, and so much going on with different characters, you will feel a bit off kilter while reading it. But don't worry it will obviously come together.

There isn't alot of romance in this one concerning the H/h. Which because the plot is so intriguing, you won't be put off by it. But I did find myself wishing that when the H/h were the center focus of the story, that their connection & interactions were a bit more intense. I felt as if something was lacking with them. I wanted to feel that intense white hot yearning you would think would be present. These two were just luke warm to me. But as I said, the story surrounding these two is what will keep you on edge a bit.

And can you say "Mother of cliffhangers?" WHOA! I can't wait for the 2nd installment to this one. This was a decent introduction to this series and I would recommend this read.