Shadowfever - Karen Marie Moning Confusing, Emotional, Scary, Passionate, & full of Dark Truth..

This one took me on a huge roller coaster ride. I am not quite sure how I feel about this last installment. The writing itself as always, through this series was on point. (I have to admit though, there were times during reading this one, that I asked myself does Ms. Moning know what she's doing or where she wants to go?). Mac, Barrons, V'lane, everyone, u got to see the many layers get pulled back to reveal yet another complex view of what makes them tick & why. What's important to them. What's in their heart. This one wasn't as clear to me as the other 4 books. There were times I was just flat out flabber gasted, confused about where things "appeared" to be going concerning the story, the people we love or love to hate, and ultimately the ending.

I feel like concerning so many things with this book, the journey that we take with Mac and the "reveal" with many things could have been done much better than what they were. Although the explanation of why you are led to believe certain things for a time did appease me a bit, but ultimately I just wish another avenue was taken in regards to this. There were alot of things laid to rest here that I feel were kinda anticlimactic, considering the build up and the suspense leading into this final chapter. But @ the same time I can see why it was done this way.

Yet there were things that fell into place beautifully as well. Ms. Rowena, Alina (Mac's sister), Mac getting those final answers of who she is & the why of all the confusion. Barrons, who and what he is. FINALLY! And the unexpected gift Mac figures out how to give to him in the end. The one thing that has kept Barrons driven through out this entire series. & of course the question of will they or won't they finally quit butting heads & surrender to each other already!

I liked how things are revealed and settled with Mac and her parents as well. I just wish that there could have been more closure concerning Mac & Dani. I really liked this little girl. (Although there are plenty of times she drove me bonkers) Certain things that came to light concerning her (Dani) broke my heart.

All in all I would have to say if this last book has left me so conflicted about how things happened and were rectified, I always say if an author is able to evoke such emotion from me concerning a book or series then they have done their job.. I would highly recommend this read & that u please start from the beginning of this series. U won't be sorry.